Harrison Street Community Church - Whanganui
“Connecting all people with our awesome God. The true purpose of Jesus' bride - His church - is to connect all people with our awesome God. We believe we are here to continue the ministry of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Mission and Vision
We strive to serve God first of all by growing and nurturing our own personal relationship with our Heavenly Father. We acknowledge that we have to start with ourselves to become adequately equipped for building new relationships.
Every Sunday at 9:00 AM
Experience the warmth and fellowship of our small congregation by visiting our Sunday Worship Service or one of our activities.
Everyone is welcome! Always.
Mail: 98 Harrison Street, Whanganui 4500
Phone: (06) 345 4346
Mobile: (027) 223 2599
Chairman and Hall Hire Contact
Phone: (06) 343 7156
We are a small church with an intimate family atmosphere. Our local mission is to welcome everyone in our church and to reach out to the community around us.
Some of the activities held in the community:
- Free holiday programmes for children and young teenagers.
- Outings and get-togethers for teenagers.
- Christmas Carols on the Lawn: a heart-warming sing together, with a free barbecue and time to chat and connect.
And some ongoing activities:
- Men’s shed: a monthly informal evening for men only, with a barbecue and a range of discussions.
- Home group: bible study/discussion group with fortnightly meetings
- Social gatherings: fun and relaxed get-togethers with shared meals
For more details of activities please get in touch with a contact listed above.